Much has been said about the future of the Houston Dynamo, and many fans have wondered what it may look like. The truth is that the future of the Houston Dynamo is available for all to see, and will make a special appearance on December 18th at BBVA Compass Stadium.
As will be announced later today, and as we have already stated multiple times, Memo Rodriguez will be signed by the Houston Dynamo. He will then probably be loaned out to a USL-Pro team to obtain valuable playing time as a professional.
Houston Dynamo fans will get the chance to see Memo Rodriguez perform for free, at the Dynamo Academy versus Academy Alumni game on December 18th which will kick-off at 6:30PM. Rodriguez will be featured in the Academy Alumni game alongside current Houston Dynamo starting goalkeeper Tyler Deric.
The Dynamo Academy will be mostly made-up of player from U-18 side that features rising players like Christian Lucatero, David Koloko, and Juan “Charly” Flores. All of which have bright futures ahead of themselves and are alone worth it.
While we are on the subject of the Houston Dynamo Academy, they were recently featured in the Winter Showcase put together by the United States Soccer Developmental Academy. The results of that tournament were as followed:
More from Orange In The Oven
U-16 Dynamo Academy
- 1-1 against Columbus Crew: Houston Dynamo goal scored by Alejandro Saez
- 0-2 loss against Real Salt Lake
- 1-0 victory against Empire Revs
- 4 points out of a possible 9, ended with a 1-1-1 record.
U-18 Dynamo Academy
- 1-0 victory against L.A. Galaxy: goal scored by Andrew Giraldo
- 4-0 victory against Carolina Rapids: 13 year old Marcelo Palomino became youngest player to play for Dynamo U-18
- 3-2 victory against New York Red Bulls: goals scored by Lucio Martinez, Roberto Marquez and Christian Lucatero
- u-18 team swept the playing field with 3 out of 3 victories getting all 9 points that were possible
Official Announcement of Houston Dynamo signing of Dynamo Academy player will be at 10:15AM today.